Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,087
Total Threads: 8,235
Total Posts: 67,960

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #1

Default no 4x4 engage

I have a 2005 750 and a few months ago I went riding and ever since she hasn't had 4 wheel drive. While riding it started cutting out hard and not running right, when I got home I let her sit and pulled the plugs and drained the gas. Put new gas in and new plugs after about a month of sitting and it runs alright now but If I try to switch it into 4x4 it doesn't do anything. I rad a bunch of posts and put a new actuater in thinking that might be the problem but that didn''t solve anything. Does anyone have any ideas before I am forced to take it to a dealer.
1982matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #2

Is the 2wd / 4wd blinking? or just not doing anything? 2wd is showing on the display and staying solid? power to the switch? power to the actuator? need to know a few more details about what you have tried and tested so far.
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #3

more info , buss connector mod ,has it been done ? theres a lot of crap that comes into play with this set up a,an a lot of trouble shooting, do you have a manual, if not get 1 ,a dealer can break the bank on this kind of repair.myself i would only consider the dealer if i had warranty , another option is to convert to manual , theres a step by step how to on mimb by byrd , on how to convert the stock actuator to manual, if you do not feel you can accomplish this send me a pm , ihave another solution to offer. good luck
06 650i, 29.5 skinny laws,warn 3000 winch,relocated rad,oil cooler,oil press ,water temp,an oil temp gauges, fst 85mm 11.5 to 1,fst stage2 cams,dynafs ing,head porting,front mounted reciver hitch(works well moving trailers) full hmf exhaust .rmax manual 4wd, ez steer
rmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #4

I have power to the switch and actuater. The light was blinking and I reset the battery a few months ago and ever since then it has been just staying on 2wd solid. It is a brand new actuater and as you guys know they aren't cheap...and with the snow coming I would like to fix this problem asap as I have a very big driveway I plow with it and a few others.
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM   #5

I do not have a manual for it, which one do you guys feel is best to get. Also thanks for what info I have gotten already and I hope I can get this fixed soon and it does not break the bank. What is the buss mod?
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #6

Get the Kawasaki Shop manual. And , you say the 2/4wd light is blinking? That means one of the actuators has a problem and the control circut voltage is not active. Could be either one. Depending on how its flashing will tell you which one. Look in Brute Technical for the post on actuator trouble shooting. Could also be a corroded Buss connector which is typical for the 05s. Theye are post on that too here and at MIMB.com
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #7

PM sent.
Old November 21st, 2011, 05:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982matthew View Post
I have a 2005 750 and a few months ago I went riding and ever since she hasn't had 4 wheel drive. While riding it started cutting out hard and not running right, when I got home I let her sit and pulled the plugs and drained the gas. Put new gas in and new plugs after about a month of sitting and it runs alright now but If I try to switch it into 4x4 it doesn't do anything. I rad a bunch of posts and put a new actuater in thinking that might be the problem but that didn''t solve anything. Does anyone have any ideas before I am forced to take it to a dealer.
I had the EXACT same problem on my 05' after numerous hours with no help I found I was not getting any juice to the 4x4 switch or actuator. After consulting a good friend at my local Kawie shop we determined that the speed sensor was broken or damaged by a stick ..... soooo after $70 and 10 minutes 4x4 is back up and going I can send you parts pics and info if you need it. shoot me a PM with your email.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #9

Default 2008 brute

hi guys , i think i have same problem. were do i locate speed sensor on an 08. thanks
garyzzz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyzzz84 View Post
hi guys , i think i have same problem. were do i locate speed sensor on an 08. thanks
Its on the case,right side, below the belt/CVT cover. See if the speedo is working first. If it is and there is no flashing 2/4wd light, need to look for a bad connector or...a bad controller...
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page
2005 kawasaki brute force 750 4x4 problems

brute force 4x4 not working

brute force 4x4 problems
brute force 4x4 switch

brute force 750 4x4 actuator

brute force 750 4x4 not working

how to install front actuator 750 kawasaki

kawasaki brute force 4x4 problems

kawasaki brute force 750 4x4 problems

kawasaki manual 4x4 actuator
manual 4x4 actuator brute force
no power to 4x4 actuator
Click on a term to search for related topics.