Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 8,978
Total Threads: 8,164
Total Posts: 67,401

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #1

Default Want to change clutch springs

Here is what I am working with, 28x10 silverbacks, 2' lift, modded stock pipe and twin air drop in filter and jetted appropirately. Going to probably put a module. Also have hi comp wiseco pistons from a motor rebiuld. I mostly do mud and some grass/sand cruising. I would say 75% mud and trails. I don't want to lose much stall because I do creep and go slow through the mud and ruts, not all out through a mud pit. I am definately wanting more low power than top end. I am more than likely going to run a Dayco HPX belt with this combo.
SilverForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #2

Then I would go with the Pink Primary and Red secondary
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #3

The stall with a maroon primary is only like 500 rpm more that stock. iit doesn't have to come off idle much before it starts pulling. I ran one in my 2010 Brute with my 27" Backs. Experiment some, your bound to find the combo you like best. You didn't mention a secondary change, i hope you are planning on changing it too. NMKAWIERIDER is right about needing the red.
'10 Brute 750i, 3" intake,2" CVT snorkels, MSD Charge FI, Vforcejohn stg3 w/spider mod, 29.5" s/w Outlaws on Black 212s, water temp gauge, pen-lock, oil cooler, 55w HID's, rmax manual 4x4, stock exhaust w/snorkel
2010BruteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #4

Yes I planned to change both springs. Its the secondary that control stall right? I want to keep rideability and stall close to stock because of the mud and ruts/trails I ride.
SilverForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverForce View Post
Yes I planned to change both springs. Its the secondary that control stall right? I want to keep rideability and stall close to stock because of the mud and ruts/trails I ride.
Its the primary that controls the stall. Maroon or pink. The maroon is about 500 higher then stock like 2010bruterider says and the pink is about 300.
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

Old February 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #6

Default Clutch

Was gonna post a question but since its here I'll ask. Have 28x12x12 superlites, do a lot of trail riding and a good bit of mud in West Va. No engine mods still stock. 05 750. Any suggestions would be great thanks
Jclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #7

Wow,,, the list is long... I'd deff get a dynatek CDI, and swap out the springs first, Just those two things are going to get the neck snap back in your ride... Don't know how much you got to spend but those two things won't break the bank and are easy to do....
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slumlord For This Useful Post:
Jclark (February 25th, 2011)
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #8

Yep, like Slum says...gota get that Dynatek. Then sence you trail and mud, I'd go with Maroon primary and Almond secondary. If you were mostly mudd'n then red secondary would be better but its wouldn't be so great on the trail...although I used one for years with my old 27s. Go-a-head and get yourself a better airfilter too. UniFilter or TwiAir is always a good choice. Don't warry about carb kits or full clutch kits...unless you feel like doing the hole-hog with a VFJ stage-3. That...along with the other things will slam your brain to the back of the bucket like never before. If your pockets are kinda deep, then may we suggest a full Muzzy or BigGun exhaust system. After that there's BBKs and cams along with 42mm carbs...and the list goes on and on with Kawasaki. Can't say that with most others.

The Following User Says Thank You to NMKAWIERIDER For This Useful Post:
Jclark (February 25th, 2011)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page
750 brute force clutch springs
brute force 750 clutch spring swap

brute force 750 clutch springs

brute force clutch 32s

brute force clutch springs

brute force on 32s

clutch springs for brute force

how to change clutch springs brute force 750
how to install clutch springs in a brute force 750
how to replace clutch springs
vfj clutch springs
what tools do you need to change primary clutch springs on a brute force
Click on a term to search for related topics.