Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 8,909
Total Threads: 8,091
Total Posts: 66,911

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #1

Default spring charts

Recently, I purchased big 27" swamp lites and have been looking at some of the spring charts, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. Currently, I have stock springs, but based on what I've been reading it looks like a EPI Maroon primary spring will give me the extra "umph" I'm looking to regain in the mud.

On the spring charts, what does the 2 1/2, 2 1/4, 1 1/4 mean?

Besides that, what do the numbers mean in those columns?

MudInMyBlood Forums Kawasaki Clutch Spring Chart

sorry if this is a newbie question....
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayneser75 View Post
Recently, I purchased big 27" swamp lites and have been looking at some of the spring charts, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. Currently, I have stock springs, but based on what I've been reading it looks like a EPI Maroon primary spring will give me the extra "umph" I'm looking to regain in the mud.

On the spring charts, what does the 2 1/2, 2 1/4, 1 1/4 mean?

Besides that, what do the numbers mean in those columns?

MudInMyBlood Forums Kawasaki Clutch Spring Chart

sorry if this is a newbie question....
One of the only ways to make a chart on spring resistance is to level the playing field and put each in a press and squeeze them to specific distances apart and mark how much pressure it takes to bring them to these distances. You will see that at 2.25" the PSI or LBS is much less then say 1.5". The more you squeeze a spring, the more pressure it takes. MetalMan's spring chart shows the original or stock Brute spring pressures and both EPI & Dalton along with Primary and secondary springs. You probably would like the Maroon primary, and should have it. But if you are mudding, you will also want a little stouter secondary. With 27's, the red would be overkill so something less like Almond. If you didn't mud, then the stocks would still be OK.
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #3

I got 27" swamps and maroon. love it... do a good bit of mud and everything else...
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #4

Do you guys suggest doing a clutch kit over just doing springs? From the looks of a bunch of the signatures around, it looks like a lot are just doing the spring(s).
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayneser75 View Post
Do you guys suggest doing a clutch kit over just doing springs? From the looks of a bunch of the signatures around, it looks like a lot are just doing the spring(s).
The only other thing an EPI kit gives you is lighter flyweights...which wore out my pins so I put the stocks back in. And you can't pick your springs, so yes, just do the springs.

Now, for a few bucks more, there are other kits... like Dalton, which have adjustable flyweights, but I think you can do the same with spring pressures except ramping effects.
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page

brute force clutch spring chart

brute force epi chart
brute force epi spring chart
brute force primary epi
brute force primary spring
brute force spring chart
clutch spring chart for kawasaki atv
epi clutch spring list brute force chart
epi spring chart
epi vs dalton springs for kawasaki
kawassaki atv clutch spring chart
spring force chart
Click on a term to search for related topics.