Sponsor Us
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,088
Total Threads: 8,237
Total Posts: 67,966

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #1

So I was out in some hills today and when the machine was doen tooling around and stopped there was gas leaking out under the display at the center of the handle bars. It did eventually stop, but is this where the fuel tank vent exhausts?
Kenda Bear Claws
Kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kman @ Jun 17 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
So I was out in some hills today and when the machine was doen tooling around and stopped there was gas leaking out under the display at the center of the handle bars. It did eventually stop, but is this where the fuel tank vent exhausts?[/b]
I am not sure, but on the 06 750, it vents into the frame, but where it goes after that I never had reason to find out, however I do know the two differential vents do go to the pod, and if I remember, there are more then two open small vent hoses up there...so it just might. There is check valve on the line from the tank to the frame which is supposed to stop raw fuel from getting in there. Yours might need replacing. You can see it if you look under the rear fender on right side. It comes out of the tank and turns into the frame and it has a plastic fitting between it.

EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM   #3

So I went to the dealer this afternoon and explained the problem. They had no idea why fuel would come out under the pod! The suggestion was that I check the air filter and make sure it wasn't soaked with fuel. So I came home, checked the filter and found it to be A-1. Then I had a look under the pod and found not one but 4 vents fed by 3 black lines and one clear. I'm guessing that the problem is going to be a valve somewhere, but which one? It's still under warranty so I could take it in, but if they didn't know there were vents under there I'm scared to find out how long it will take for them to diagnose and fix it...

Kenda Bear Claws
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM   #4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kman @ Jun 22 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
So I went to the dealer this afternoon and explained the problem. They had no idea why fuel would come out under the pod! The suggestion was that I check the air filter and make sure it wasn't soaked with fuel. So I came home, checked the filter and found it to be A-1. Then I had a look under the pod and found not one but 4 vents fed by 3 black lines and one clear. I'm guessing that the problem is going to be a valve somewhere, but which one? It's still under warranty so I could take it in, but if they didn't know there were vents under there I'm scared to find out how long it will take for them to diagnose and fix it...[/b]
Did you check if that check valve on the vent going to the frame the right rear side is there on the 650?
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM   #5

I did check, and I did find it, thanks. I stopped in at the dealer again today. He thinks that dirty gas kept the carb floats open and gas came out the air breather. The guy just won't listen, I showed him the check valve, the lines and the vents under the pod. He says bring it in, but I've lost a little confidence in him. Would it be expected to lose fuel when hill climbing? It was steep, and hot and my machine just wanted to keep climbing. Maybe just a one time thing?
Kenda Bear Claws
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:23 PM   #6

Yes, on the 2008's the gas vent line is ran in and out of the frame and then under the pod. How much fuel is in your tank? If it is near full, then between the hill and the heat, this is normal.
Viper Max 3000 lb Winch, w/ Amsteal winch rope
Garmin Etrex Vista HCX GPS,
26" Mudlite XTR's ,ITP SS106 Wheels
Full Muzzy Exhaust, Jetted 138f, 142r
Dynatec CDI
Audio Tube
Tempature Gauge
Engine Ice Coolant
Bison Front and Rear Bumpers
MIMB 2" Center Snorkel's
V-FJ Stage 2 Clutch Mod w/Maroon Primary/Amond Secondary
Muddy Brute Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:13 PM   #7

The tank was pretty close to full, I filled it then ran it 15-20 miles. If that sounds normal then I will leave the dealer alone, it's sad that they guy selling them didn't know anything about the vent/valve.

Thanks for the help fellash
Kenda Bear Claws
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM   #8

I would just go to Babbitsonline.com and get the check valve, Can't be but 5 bucks. Now my question is...how does one get all that fuel out of the frame??

Old June 24th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #9

If it was me, I would watch it the next time you ride and see if the same thing happens again. My bike has done the same thing a couple of times, but like you said, your fuel level was near full and it was a hot day, and you were up and down some hills. When my bike done it I was riding it pretty hard on a hot day, and I choked it up to the heat, fuel level and how hard i was riding. Babbitts online has cheap prices, but rape you on shipping. I called them to order 2 main jets and they wanted right @ $15.00 to ship the part to me in NC, wich I thought was a rip off, when they could put the jets in a regular stamped envalope and send them to me. Just food for thought.
Viper Max 3000 lb Winch, w/ Amsteal winch rope
Garmin Etrex Vista HCX GPS,
26" Mudlite XTR's ,ITP SS106 Wheels
Full Muzzy Exhaust, Jetted 138f, 142r
Dynatec CDI
Audio Tube
Tempature Gauge
Engine Ice Coolant
Bison Front and Rear Bumpers
MIMB 2" Center Snorkel's
V-FJ Stage 2 Clutch Mod w/Maroon Primary/Amond Secondary
Muddy Brute Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #10

I had this problem once and i had a post asking for help but it did not do it again.
Maby the tank was full and the fuel made a "return" as my mechanic said....i do not know how to explain it in other terms...
In my case the fuel was puring in front of me and exatly in front of the filter box...
Has it done it again or it was only this one time?
HMF utility slip on
Overfenders guard flares
K&N air filter
gusmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page

2007 kawasaki brute force 650 fuel leak

breather tank 750 brute force

brute force 650 gas leak

brute force gas tank vent

brute force leaking gas

brute force lesking gas

kawasaki brute force 750 fuel tank air vent

kawasaki brute force getting hot

kawasaki brute force leaking gas

kawasaki brute force vents gasoline

replacing carburetor breather tank on 750 brute force

venting fuel, kawasaki brute force 750
Click on a term to search for related topics.