Total Threads: 7,907
Total Posts: 65,823

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old January 18th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #1

water in both whats the best way to flush
spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #2

Run the quad in 4wd for a few minutes to warm up the diff fluid so it will drain better. Then drain it. Rear diff should be filled with Kawachem rear diff fluid. Just check it after next ride and make sure all water is out. If not drain and refill and you should be set, unless your axle seals are bad and water is seeping in. The front diff, I would put plug back in and put a small amount of diesel in the diff. Spin front wheels by hand to work it around and then drain it and refill with oil.
'03 Prairie 650 - BKP 730 kit with 2X trail/race cams, MW oil cooler, DG Snorkle and EHS air box lid, Twin Air proflow filter, Rox Risers, Pro Taper bars, Works struts, VFJ Stage 3 spider mod clutch, lightened secondary, Goodyear MT/R's on Douglas Rattlesnakes, full Muzzy
'05 Polaris Sportsman 400 - stock
'09 Polaris Sportsman 850XP - clutch kit, Duro Power Grip tires, Big Gun slip on
SunL Leopard 125 (for my 8 year old daughter )
Adirondack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spool @ Jan 18 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
water in both whats the best way to flush[/b]
Idealy you want to use something that will help seperate the water form the oil and vastly thin the oil so it will just run out with the water. What ever you do use cant leave a harmful chemical to either bearings or the disks of the break or dif lock. I would first drain both and leave the drains open over night. Then put the plugs back in and refill with either light mineral oil, get a half-gallon of WD 40 from a lowes, or kerosine. Fill, cap, and have all fours off the ground. Run it in 4WD to circulate throughout for a few minutes. DONT RIDE IT. Then drain and allow to drain for several hours. Plug and refill with the correct oil, regular in front and wet break type in back. Run it a bit more. You can rid it some but only about two miles. Then change it one more time. That's it. Sorry but any water in those cases is almost as bad as having it in the engine. If you don't want to do all these steps, probably get away with draining it over night and changing the oil twice real soon...like within 10 miles.

Good luck
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #4

thanxs guys
spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #5

Kinda off topic here but the question has already been answered, so it shouldnt hurt. I need to change my rear diff fluid, but cant seem to find it. Where can i get the suggested fluids at? I tried advance and no luck..... Anyone have a pic of what the bottle looks like? Thanks guys.
<span style="color:#00FF00"><span style="font-family:Lucida Console">2007 Silver Brute Force 650I, 29.5x12 Outlaws on Itp ss112 12", Hmf Utility slipon with snorkel, Dynatek Cdi, MIMB Snorkels, Debadged decals, Warn RT25, Gray progrips, Blue cluster lights, Blue parking lights, Blue Autometer temp gauge, 08 storage mod, Epi Almond Primary/Red Secondary, All black 08 750 front clip, SSATVPLUS Diamond plate Floorboard Trim, tinted headlights, Fan switch override, 1.5" HL wheel spacers, and Custom Kawasaki Team Racing Fender Decal

LouderVision Flame Flares coming soon along with a all new custom paint job...... Pics are coming </span></span>
07galaxy650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #6

It is Mobil 424. You may be able to find at a tractor supply store, but usually in 5 gallon pails. Otherwise, you just buy it at your Kawasaki dealer. It is called Kawichem and comes in quart bottles.
'03 Prairie 650 - BKP 730 kit with 2X trail/race cams, MW oil cooler, DG Snorkle and EHS air box lid, Twin Air proflow filter, Rox Risers, Pro Taper bars, Works struts, VFJ Stage 3 spider mod clutch, lightened secondary, Goodyear MT/R's on Douglas Rattlesnakes, full Muzzy
'09 Polaris Sportsman 850XP - clutch kit, Duro Power Grip tires, Big Gun slip on
Old January 18th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #7

I already looked at tsc, but no luck on either of the three suggested in the manual. Do you happen to know how much the kawichem runs per quart? Thanks.
<span style="color:#00FF00"><span style="font-family:Lucida Console">2007 Silver Brute Force 650I, 29.5x12 Outlaws on Itp ss112 12", Hmf Utility slipon with snorkel, Dynatek Cdi, MIMB Snorkels, Debadged decals, Warn RT25, Gray progrips, Blue cluster lights, Blue parking lights, Blue Autometer temp gauge, 08 storage mod, Epi Almond Primary/Red Secondary, All black 08 750 front clip, SSATVPLUS Diamond plate Floorboard Trim, tinted headlights, Fan switch override, 1.5" HL wheel spacers, and Custom Kawasaki Team Racing Fender Decal

LouderVision Flame Flares coming soon along with a all new custom paint job...... Pics are coming </span></span>
Old January 18th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (07galaxy650 @ Jan 18 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I already looked at tsc, but no luck on either of the three suggested in the manual. Do you happen to know how much the kawichem runs per quart? Thanks.[/b]
That's what I use..Kawichem for wet brakes. I forget how much...less then 4 bucks a quart. It won't take a full quart though If I remember right.

AM, wouldn't you think almost any good hydrolic oil would work?
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #9

I agree that any good hydraulic oil should do the trick, but have always stuck with Kawichem. I change my rear diff fluid once a year and it is less than a quart. My dealer gets about $4.50 for a quart of the stuff. I figure, since I use so little, that I just stick with the factory stuff.
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #10

Yeah that is what i would prefer to do also. Especially for as little as it uses. Guess i will have to pick some of it up this weds after school.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page

2007 kawasaki brute force water in rear differential

4wd won't engage on brute force water in front diff

brute force 650 differential full of water

front and rear diff fluid 03 prairie 650

front axle seal leaking after changing front struts on 650 brute force

front diff filled with water on polaris sportsman

how to replace front diff axle seal on brute force

polaris sportsman rear differential fluid

prairie front differential full of water won't work

water in brute force front diff

water in front diff 650 brute force

where is the filler cap for front differential on an 03 kawasaki 650 prairie images

Click on a term to search for related topics.