Sponsor Us
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 8,719
Total Threads: 7,909
Total Posts: 65,839

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #1

hi! i put 27 inc mudlite xl on my 2008 750i and i want to know if i have to change the spring inside my primary and secondary clutch. thank!
doys750i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #2

I have 27" Swamplites and run a maroon primary and stock secondary. I had an almond secondary in and decided to try the stock secondary because several people on here recommended the maroon primary/stock secondary with 27" and smaller tires. Springs are cheap. Buy several and try them out.
GatorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GatorTom @ Dec 18 2008, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I have 27" Swamplites and run a maroon primary and stock secondary. I had an almond secondary in and decided to try the stock secondary because several people on here recommended the maroon primary/stock secondary with 27" and smaller tires. Springs are cheap. Buy several and try them out.[/b]
2nd that I run the maroon primary and stock secondary I had the almond for awhile as well like the stock one better try the maroon first then you can pick up an almond if you like but I would bet you would be satisfied with just the maroon
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #4

Agreed! I am only running the maroon primary and love it. I tried the almond secondary with it but took it back out after a couple rides. Sold it to a buddy that wanted to try it...
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #5

hi! do you have a parts number for a marroun spring for 750i 2008 brute force??and a parts number for cdi more performant? thank
doys750i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #6

you can pm BVC racing thats a sponser here for the spring or put an ad in the classifieds looking for a maroon primary and check other forums classifieds you may get lucky. You have an 08 FI Brute I don't think there is a DYna for your Quad but I may be wrong. You can google EPI springs and buy one directly from them as well.
Old December 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #7

im running a stock primary with 4mm bolts in the stock weights and a almond secondary you will loose some topend with a stiffer secondary i like the stiffer secondary because i double on my bike alot and was having some belt sliping issues not major but some when it was stock.
gomerkfx700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gomerkfx700 @ Dec 20 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
im running a stock primary with 4mm bolts in the stock weights and a almond secondary you will loose some topend with a stiffer secondary i like the stiffer secondary because i double on my bike alot and was having some belt sliping issues not major but some when it was stock.[/b]
did you gain much with adding the 4mm bolts i have heard about use of them but never tried it
Old December 20th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #9
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gomerkfx700 @ Dec 21 2008, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
im running a stock primary with 4mm bolts in the stock weights and a almond secondary you will loose some topend with a stiffer secondary i like the stiffer secondary because i double on my bike alot and was having some belt sliping issues not major but some when it was stock.[/b]
Not that you're gonna but if you lost top end but want more belt grip, and needed to run a stiffer secondary you should of went with a Dalton plain purple secondary spring.

It has an engagment of 112, and a full compression of 227 so it would grip better, and firmer than stock

Kfx stock 97/216
Bf stock 79/244
Almond 140/250

You can see by those numbers what you learned was a higher first number gave you the better grip, and it gave you better acceleration too.

But, the higher second number reduced your top end.

It is a different acting spring than the old EPI Black HD even though the engagment, and compression are very similar 115/220 the actual compression "rate" of the spring is different. It's because of the size, and wind of the coil, and wire that is used that the rate is less with the dalton.

That means the back shift or "off throttle" is slower or not as harsh with the dalton but the upshift is still as good.
Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #10

Right now I'm running the maroon primary and stock secondary as well. I did have the almond in there but went back to stock with better results before the stage 3 clutch work. But now that i have the VFJ stage 3 my primary it is up shifting fast then before. I find my self thinking about trying the almond again but I'm liking the numbers you posted up about the Dalton plain purple. I may give it a try first.
HMF Swamp Series XL
Snorkels with 2 1/2 air intake (mudinmyblood.com)
28" Zillas ITP SS 112's
6K H.I.D Head Lights

MetalMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page
atv tire size clutch spring chart
brute 750 clutch 27 tires maroon primary
brute force 27 tires clutch spring

brute force clutch spring chart

brute force clutch spring stock tire size
brute force clutch springs chart
clutch springs brute force purple
maroon primary almond secondary
vfj spring chart

vfj spring rates

vfj springs
vfj springs for bf
Click on a term to search for related topics.