Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,099
Total Threads: 8,250
Total Posts: 68,036

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:16 AM   #1

Default noise from clutch

yesterday i noticed a pinging loose bolt kind of noise comming from the belt clutch housing. my belt light dosnt come on and the bike still rides ok. but if i put it in gear and get off of it she drives away on me, and the 2wd 4wd light is flashing back and forth, anybody had this problem before,
05 Brute 750: 11:5:1 JE PISTONS, WEBB CAMS, FULL MUZZY, VFJ STAGE 3 Clutch, 2" LIFT, COPPERHEAD, CENTRE SNORKLES, K&N, DYNO JET and DYNO TUNED. 2009 SUNBEAM RED PLASTICS. 28" ZILLAS, STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES
BRICKLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #2

You need to pull your clutch cover and take a look inside. The belt is a top cog design and sometimes the top cogs may start to seperate and peel off. If so, it would have tripped your belt sensor, and pieces of belt could be binding in the sheaves, causing the roll away condition. Let us know what you find.
'03 Prairie 650 - BKP 730 kit with 2X trail/race cams, MW oil cooler, DG Snorkle and EHS air box lid, Twin Air proflow filter, Rox Risers, Pro Taper bars, Works struts, VFJ Stage 3 spider mod clutch, lightened secondary, Goodyear MT/R's on Douglas Rattlesnakes, full Muzzy - SOLD, but will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart!
'09 Polaris Sportsman 850XP - clutch kit, Duro Power Grip tires, Big Gun slip on
Adirondack Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #3

the belt light hasnt came on yet, what about the 2wd 4wd flashing back and forth? and the bike running away when its in gear?
05 Brute 750: 11:5:1 JE PISTONS, WEBB CAMS, FULL MUZZY, VFJ STAGE 3 Clutch, 2" LIFT, COPPERHEAD, CENTRE SNORKLES, K&N, DYNO JET and DYNO TUNED. 2009 SUNBEAM RED PLASTICS. 28" ZILLAS, STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #4

took the belt cover off and there was nothing out of the ordinary clean as a whistle, took it to the dealer and he said it was the spider assembly it was worn out i guess, new one $157.00 not bad i guess, as for the 2wd 4wd flashing back and forth i have no idea what that can be anybody had that problem before im sure it must be electrical some what?
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #5

Hmmm You know, I've noticed some hairline cracks in my spyder assembly and primary clutch spring cover as well. I wonder if that is what is causing my belt slippage and the noise I hear when I punch it while in water or mud in high gear.
Waterfreak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #6

2wd/4wd light could be your kebc actuator motor going bad. I completely removed the kebc fork from my clutch cover. Didn't need it after the vforcejohn stage 3 clutch with spider mod anyhow.
'03 Prairie 650 - BKP 730 kit with 2X trail/race cams, MW oil cooler, DG Snorkle and EHS air box lid, Twin Air proflow filter, Rox Risers, Pro Taper bars, Works struts, VFJ Stage 3 spider mod clutch, lightened secondary, Goodyear MT/R's on Douglas Rattlesnakes, full Muzzy - SOLD, but will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart!
'09 Polaris Sportsman 850XP - clutch kit, Duro Power Grip tires, Big Gun slip on
Adirondack Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #7

could i just remove mine without the mod what will it do without an engine brake?
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #8

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Quote:
could i just remove mine without the mod what will it do without an engine brake?[/b][/b]

yes
Old June 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM   #9

if i remove the fork is there going to be any change to the handling or braking to the bike will it be harder on belts, basically what will be the side effects, kawi must put that brake on for a reason,
Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM   #10

Just rode mine yesterday for the first time since I removed the KEBC fork. Take it off, you'll never miss it. The engine brake works just like normal until you get down to about 5-8 mph then it completely lets go. The fork simply applies pressure to the belt at low speed to force it into contact with the clutch sheaves. Take it off and try it. If you don't like it put it back on. It only takes a few minutes to remove and re-install. I like mine without it better and I was told by Interstate Motorsports that belt life is better without it.
KawiBrute is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page
brute 750 noisy clutch
brute force 650 belt noise

brute force 650 clutch noise

brute force 750 belt noise

brute force 750 clutch noise

brute force clutch noise

bruteforce 750 clutch noise
changing clutches in a 650 brutte force

kawasaki brute force clutch noise

kawasaki brute force noise
kawasaki prairie 650 clutch noise

kawasaki prairie clutch noise

Click on a term to search for related topics.