Forum Members: 8,999
Total Threads: 8,187
Total Posts: 67,537

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #1
17A

Default Rear Shocks Adjustment

Where would be the best place to position a jack to raise the rear tires off the ground so I can remove them in order to adjust the rear shocks to a firmer position. No way of getting the wrench on the shock cams without taking the wheels off as far as I can see on the Brutes. Front wheels no problem, just the rears. Should I place the jack directly under the rear diff skid plate with a wood block to widen the load pressure a bit or somewhere else? Don't want to damage anything by bending it. Further, to stabalize the machine I will put chocks on both front wheels and leave the tranny in gear rather than neutral. Should I also apply the front brakes by strapping the right brake lever? (Fronts). I am using a jack with a saddle approx 3" diameter.

Thanx for the help.
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #2

Use a piece of board as wide as the skidplate to distribute the load.

I had to get someone to pull up on the rack and push their foot down on the tire to get mine to turn. You can also take a big pair of channel locks (waterpump pliers) and squeeze a few of the coils together to take some of the tension off. Use a rag if you care about scratching the coils.
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #3

Just put the jack under the rear with a small board to relieve the pressure on the springs. I didn't need to remove the wheels to adjust mine.

'08 750i Brute (TEAM GREEN)
26" Big Horn 2.0 on ITP 112's, ASR a-arm bushings, Muzzy Super Pro Duals , MSD with VFJ tune, TTO oil & water temp gauges, Rogue grips

'03 250ex Honda (Red)
22" Swamplites on ITP aluminum wheels, 1.5" wheel spacers, DG front and rear bumpers, Fly Racing bars with Rogue grips, Power Madd hand gaurds, FMF pipe.
Coolwizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #4
17A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwizard View Post
Just put the jack under the rear with a small board to relieve the pressure on the springs. I didn't need to remove the wheels to adjust mine.
Thanx man, that worked like a charm. Made it very easy to turn the cams without removing the wheels. I was used to the Outlander and could eaqsily adjust the shocks without releiving pressure on the springs...

I set the pre-loads to one level down from the stiffest setting to see if that will help eliminate some of the tendancy for the machine to roll to the outside on power slides. had them mid range before and still had to watch cornering with very aggressive body english. We're riding tomorrow so I will post the results here.
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #5
DLB

I keep my shocks set one up from the softest setting. Seems to work well for my riding, and I completely agree about the wider stance. Aftermarket tires and wheels make a huge difference in handling and stability over the stock setup.

My Garage

YouTube links:
DLB | ElkRiverOffRoad
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #6
17A

Well stiffening up the shocks to 2nd Highest position did make an improvement to the handling of the machine. Here is a video from Saturday going at fairly high speeds down a winding logging road. Did an unintential jump at 1:08 if you can see it.

Hunt Road Speed Test
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #7

Mine are at their highest adjustment and here is the tool for the job. You can get one from SSATV here on the site.
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Shocks Adjustment-img00271.jpg  
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumlord View Post
Mine are at their highest adjustment and here is the tool for the job. You can get one from SSATV here on the site.
Gota get me one of those...My channel-locks are screwing-up my chrome...lol
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #9

It was cheap and does a great job. Mud makes them himself...
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #10

should have that tool in kit under seat
K/N Filter,Mudinblood Snorkles
Pro-Armor Skids,Dyna Tec
bruteken is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Chassis & Electrical

Search tags for this page
adjusting shocks on brute force 750

brute force 750 shock adjustment

brute force shock adjustment

brute force shock settings
brute force shock upgrade
brute force suspension adjustment

brute force suspension upgrade

how to adjust brute force 750 shocks

how to adjust brute force shocks

how to adjust shocks on brute force
how to adjust the shocks on 750 brute force
how to adjust the shocks on a brute force 300
Click on a term to search for related topics.