Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,088
Total Threads: 8,235
Total Posts: 67,960

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #1

Default Radiator Fan

A buddy of mine bought another brute that he wants to keep as stock as possible to mainly just use during hunting season. He wants to put an upgraded fan on the radiator, but not relocate it. He also wants to run a manual switch for it and threw out the idea to use the main kill switch for it. Does the sound possible or would it just be an electrical nightmare. How much room is there behind the radiator in the stock location for a larger fan?
mimb snorkels
14" itp 112
30" mudzillas
dynatek cdi
csmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #2

Not much room in there but It has been done, The man. switch relocate is not a prob either. Lots have done it.
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith View Post
A buddy of mine bought another brute that he wants to keep as stock as possible to mainly just use during hunting season. He wants to put an upgraded fan on the radiator, but not relocate it. He also wants to run a manual switch for it and threw out the idea to use the main kill switch for it. Does the sound possible or would it just be an electrical nightmare. How much room is there behind the radiator in the stock location for a larger fan?
We all wish for a larger fan and radiator, and SWBF900 did find one fan that will work. Might drop him a PM. You have to be careful on the amp load. The systen can handle about three more amps for the fan.

To by pass it and put an inline switch, just jumper the fan switch on the radiator, then break the power lead to the fan motor and install a switch. In time the fan relay will fail being on all the time so just bypass it too when it does.

Of course it is always better to have all parts of a machine working as they were designed. Most fan motors are not designed to run long periods or continously but people do run them like that until they need replaced.
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #4

Default fan

on another forum some one suggested a 12'' fan from summitt raceing part#hda-3680 not sure about the amps tho if it will work
brute-jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #5

I'm running a universal fan from o rielly and havent had any problems I just wans't sure if there was enough room for it with the radiator in the stock location becuase it is a little bigger than the stock one. He bought the same fan.

I also just wanted to be sure I wasn't gonna mess anything up by eliminating the kill switch. It won't mess up any electrical sensors by not having a kill switch?

Thanks for all the help guys
mimb snorkels
14" itp 112
30" mudzillas
dynatek cdi
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #6

I'd keep my kill switch, it's a safety feature! It's easy enough to put another toggle for the fan.

'08 750i Brute (TEAM GREEN)
26" Big Horn 2.0 on ITP 112's, ASR a-arm bushings, Muzzy Super Pro Duals , MSD with VFJ tune, TTO oil & water temp gauges, Rogue grips

'03 250ex Honda (Red)
22" Swamplites on ITP aluminum wheels, 1.5" wheel spacers, DG front and rear bumpers, Fly Racing bars with Rogue grips, Power Madd hand gaurds, FMF pipe.
Coolwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #7

yea I agree that's how I did mine but this isn't my bike. I'm gonna try to talk him into another switch
mimb snorkels
14" itp 112
30" mudzillas
dynatek cdi
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith View Post
yea I agree that's how I did mine but this isn't my bike. I'm gonna try to talk him into another switch
Here's what I did to mine and I'm happy with the results. See universal cooling fan installed thread
2" Lift
Snorkel's
wcs61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Chassis & Electrical

Search tags for this page

08 brute bypass rad fan

brute force 750 fan not working

brute force 750 radiator fan
brute force fan motor
brute force manual fan switch how to

brute force radiator fan

brute force radiator fan switch
fan switch radiator 2005 brute force 750 problem fan
how many amps does a brute force fan use
kill switch for my cooling fan
radiator fan switch for 07 brute force 650
ruye force radiator fan sensor switch
Click on a term to search for related topics.