Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Radiator Fan

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  wcs61 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine bought another brute that he wants to keep as stock as possible to mainly just use during hunting season. He wants to put an upgraded fan on the radiator, but not relocate it. He also wants to run a manual switch for it and threw out the idea to use the main kill switch for it. Does the sound possible or would it just be an electrical nightmare. How much room is there behind the radiator in the stock location for a larger fan?

#2 ·
Not much room in there but It has been done, The man. switch relocate is not a prob either. Lots have done it.

#3 ·
A buddy of mine bought another brute that he wants to keep as stock as possible to mainly just use during hunting season. He wants to put an upgraded fan on the radiator, but not relocate it. He also wants to run a manual switch for it and threw out the idea to use the main kill switch for it. Does the sound possible or would it just be an electrical nightmare. How much room is there behind the radiator in the stock location for a larger fan?
We all wish for a larger fan and radiator, and SWBF900 did find one fan that will work. Might drop him a PM. You have to be careful on the amp load. The systen can handle about three more amps for the fan.

To by pass it and put an inline switch, just jumper the fan switch on the radiator, then break the power lead to the fan motor and install a switch. In time the fan relay will fail being on all the time so just bypass it too when it does.

Of course it is always better to have all parts of a machine working as they were designed. Most fan motors are not designed to run long periods or continously but people do run them like that until they need replaced.

#5 ·
I'm running a universal fan from o rielly and havent had any problems I just wans't sure if there was enough room for it with the radiator in the stock location becuase it is a little bigger than the stock one. He bought the same fan.

I also just wanted to be sure I wasn't gonna mess anything up by eliminating the kill switch. It won't mess up any electrical sensors by not having a kill switch?

Thanks for all the help guys

#6 ·
I'd keep my kill switch, it's a safety feature! It's easy enough to put another toggle for the fan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.